Beldar Boathead and Old Geezer

I personally find the responses of both Beldar Boathead and Old Geezer to be quite informative and even hilarious at times. They both offer great insight. If you can not appreciate the sarcastic humor of Old Geezer than don’t read his comments. When I first joined this forum Old Geezer was taking a sabbatical for some reason. People referenced his comments once and a while, but he was not participating. I’ve enjoyed following his comments since he has returned.

I for one hope that a few negative comments from sensitive members don’t send him on sabbatical again. Thanks for the knowledge and laughs Beldar and Old Geezer!

Thanks Phantom. I'm pleased that somebody gets it. The only purposes of my posts here are to stir up a bit of discussion on topics that I feel are important to the Sunfish class (e.g. a healthy competitive representative World Championship) and to do in a way that occasionally is amusing. It's true that I use a lot of sarcasm. That's part of the character of this fictional Old Geezer persona that I created.

Sorry if some folk see it as "negativity", get upset that I "hide behind anonymity", think I'm a "coward", and that all I do is "constant bashing". I did think of killing off Old Geezer after that latest outburst at him from my friend Brian buy maybe I'll keep OG around if at least one person appreciates him.

Actually I did get a chuckle at that aside about the Board of Directors discussing the "mean-spirited" nature of comments from a fictional virtual character. What next? A debate as to whether Lord Voldermort is truly evil?

Peace.

I just dropped in; so HELLO!

I am new and my presence is dependent upon the wind. Old Geezer, I hope (and trust that) your personality is like that conjured by your avatar. I look at it and think of an enthusiastic curmudgeon out to fully participate and not hold back -- whether offering frank opinion or hearty encouragement. A person never short of an opinion and eager to set other straight. Love that image.

Thanks Petrel. My presence is also dependent on my wind.

I'm glad you appreciate my avatar. I am much more handsome than that in real life. Kind of a cross between Eduardo Cordero and Arnold Schwarzenegger.

You are right in assuming that I am enthusiastic about sailing, like to encourage others, and usually have an opinion. However, some people here think I am clueless and over at The Laser Forum the OFFICICAL ADMINISTRATOR has OFFICIALLY declared that my opinions have no weight.

Thanks Petrel.
You are right in assuming that I am enthusiastic about sailing, like to encourage others, and usually have an opinion. However, some people here think I am clueless and over at The Laser Forum the OFFICICAL ADMINISTRATOR has OFFICIALLY declared that my opinions have no weight.

Physics 100 lab: grab an opinion, weigh it, and determine its mass.

Back