Banged Up 1994 Laser - Possible part out.

Discussion in 'Laser For Sale Ads' started by OldNJLaser, Nov 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldNJLaser

OldNJLaser Member

Price:

In early 95, I purchased a barely used Teal / White Laser Hull with Full Rig sail (152057). I raced LBIYRA junior and senior club events with a good bit of success.

In 97, I was out with a few friends on a exceptionally windy day, which I love, but for some reason I took a novice crew out with me. Well with their weight on the bow of the boat I couldn't avoid a collision between a friend and I. He ended-up T-boning me on the starboard aide, about where the mast is in the middle of the painted(teal) section.
    I then had it repaired by a family friend who runs a auto-body shop. He did an excellent job on the repair but couldn't color match the teal back on, so its left with gray primer.

This boat was then used my my little brother (mostly, myself for local club races) until about 2000. It was stored indoors until about 2002 when I officially gave up on trying to make trips to the shore, since then its been laying upside down out back of my house. This allowed the original crack to break through again. A hairline but it's back and needs to be addressed.

Conclusion::
    I want to sell this Laser, or worse thing part it out. I would like to transfer funds to another hobby, along with a new sunfish sail for those lazy day local lake days!

I do not have a sail for it, minus that I think the whole setup could sell for $1400

Rudder (w/ tiller(bent) and extension)- $150
    Daggerboard (1/2" chip out of lower rear corner) - $175
    *Together with a padded Moorehouse Sailmakers Foil Bag - $350

Upper Mast Section - $90
    Lower Mast Section - $150
    Boom - $ 150
    *Complete Full-Rig Spar Set - Completely assembled (except vang). - $375

Seitech Dolly with Standard Tires (older but still rolling) - $225

Moorehouse Top Laser Hull Cover - $90

There is also

Offers on a banged up hull???

I will send pics upon request- until I can get them all hosted and linked.
    Please E-Mail :: dude.is.ed at gmail dot com

** Local Pickup would be best, but smaller items could be shipped at buyers expense!

2. dougreynolds10

dougreynolds10 Member

i am interested in the seitech dolly and the top cover can you email me pictures.

3. Groskoph

Groskoph New Member

I may be interested in the hull. Can you send some pictures so I can see how bad it is??

4. OldNJLaser

OldNJLaser Member

Just returned form a long weekend, tonight I will try and get pics to both you. Thanks for you interest!

Ed

5. Ken Grillo

Ken Grillo New Member

6. hobeika

hobeika New Member

I will be glad to buy the tiller and rudder, the sail, and the dagger board for a total price of $300. E-mail me at ahobeika@gmail.com
    I am a registered user of the forum and I ahve an ad in the wanted ands under hobeika.

7. hobeika

hobeika New Member

I will be glad to buy the tiller and rudder, the sail, and the dagger board for a total price of $300. E-mail me at ahobeika@gmail.com
    I am a registered user of the forum and I ahve an ad in the wanted ands under hobeika.

8. OldNJLaser

OldNJLaser Member

I have received quite a few e-mail (or pm's) inquiring about the boat. With the sun setting so early, and my inability to get home before it sets, I'm hoping to have pics to send around come Saturday. I'd like to thank everyone for their patience!

Also I was hoping to sell the entire package together and have had a couple replies as to that- So to those looking for parts; I'd ask you allow me to take care of those who are interested in the complete package first!

9. OldNJLaser

OldNJLaser Member

My mistake, port side!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. connor5002

connor5002 Member

I am interested in the dolly and cover!!...if they are still for sale.
    Please email me at connor@ties2.net

11. OldNJLaser

OldNJLaser Member

Sorry at the moment, the complete package is pending sale. If this happens to fall apart I will post again & attempt to part this out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.