Baby Bob Brackets

Discussion in 'Capri/Catalina 14 Classified Ads' started by JGM, Mar 15, 2009.

1. JGM

JGM Member

Hello Folks,
    As some of you already know, I made a bunch of brackets to attach the Hobie Baby Bob atop the C-14 mast. The "Bob" provides 32 lbs of buoyancy and prevents turtling if the C-14 is blown over.

Since the original thread about the problem, the brackets have been trickling out about one every three months. This past weekend, I fitted the remaining pieces with the assumption everyone has the same mast profile, and I assembled the pieces together which leaves 9 brackets ready for sale.

With the additional labor, the cost, including shipping, is $20 per bracket. As a professional cabinetmaker, I can assure you I'm losing money on the deal. You will still have to buy the 4 machine screws/nuts to attach the Bob, and figure out how you're going to secure the bracket to your mast. A couple suggestions will be included with each sale. One method is to drill a hole through the mast and bracket, and then slip in a 1/4" bolt. Another is to tie the Bob down with line. Pictures are at the above thread.

If you want one, send me a private message. Once they're gone, that's it. I'm not making any more.

Thanks!
    Jim

2. liketoboat

liketoboat New Member

bably bob brackets

any brackets left for sale?

3. flip purvis

flip purvis New Member

if you have any of these brackets left i want one. let me know where to send the money. flip.purvis@yahoo.com

4. Rogerroger320

Rogerroger320 New Member

Hello,

Do you have any brackets left still?
    Roger

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2016
  5. entropy

entropy New Member

Hi Jim, I recently purchased a Baby Bob and saw your post about the brackets, would you sell me one?
    Thank you, Jeff at bradyup1@sbcglobal.net

6. Steve Rose

Steve Rose Member

I just came across this older thread and decided to show you my solution. It was easy to make and mounts on top of the mast, secured by the bolt that is the axis of the masthead pulley.

Attached Files:

7. entropy

entropy New Member

Thanks Steve, actually came up with another design and have made 3 so far (one for " Aquaman" on the forum here). I like the looks of your solution, mine actually fits inside the mast and has a quick disconnect for trailering. Thank you Steve I appreciate your message...happy sailing!

8. Phantom Driver

Phantom Driver New Member

Entropy: how much do you sell them for and could you post a picture? I made one for my boat last Saturday but would like to see what you have :)