Another twist in the UK tale

Discussion in 'Laser Class Politics' started by jeffers, Aug 30, 2012.

1. torrid

torrid Just sailing

Maybe it's a "Collegiate 420". At any rate, it's a beefed up 420 hull with no trap or chute.

2. Strangler

Strangler Member

I had my foil bag stolen two weeks ago. Frightening when you add up all the replacement costs [£1100]. Stolen on the Thursday, I had ALL the replacements by the following Tuesday from one of the UK suppliers, foils, tiller+ extn, battens, some blocks, clew strap, spare footstrap. Excellent service from the insurers and supplier.

3. torrid

torrid Just sailing

Is it me, or are the spambots getting better?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bungo Pete

Bungo Pete Member

As Wavedancer said, nothing has really changed except that we have seen a number of programs migrating to the 420 from older designs like Cape Cod Mercurys, etc. but more significantly from boats like FJs and Larks.

5. Emitcha

Emitcha New Member

This has to be impacting the reputation of the class and will undoubtedly cause others to selected other classes. I think the situation needs resolving and ironically the rule change the ILCA could not make gives them (with Kirby) the power to resolve the situation.

• Spam Spam x 1
  6. Deimos

Deimos Member

In my opinion ILCA could resolve this tomorrow - at least such that the court case between BK and LPE would become irrelevant to everybody except BK and LPE. But ILCA seem somewhat biased (at least from where I'm seeing things from) and I can't understand why 'cos from my experience LPE are a disaster for people in boats.

7. Sudelon

Sudelon New Member

They were changing to a new US supplied one, had pictures but "no stock for the foreseeable future". Then more urgently I needed a new bailer and it took me ages of phoning round to get one.

• Spam Spam x 2