Alcort bronze plaque

Discussion in 'Sunfish Wanted Ads' started by windydaze89, Mar 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. windydaze89

windydaze89 New Member

If anyone knows where I can find one of the old plaques that had Alcort's name on it (i believe), that used to be on the Sailfish, I think near the mast step, it would be greatly appreciated! The Super Sailfish that I have did not have one, and may not have ever had one, but it would be an amazing addition to the boat if I could find one.
    Thanks everyone!

2. scap114

scap114 Member

If it is like the bronze plaque that was on the older Sunfish it would also have had the serial number of the boat on it so I don't think they would have been available as parts. To get one you would have to find someone that has parted out unusable boats and that may not be a part they would have removed.

3. DanB

DanB Crabber

Extremely rare. Usually from the wood hull era.

Attached Files:

4. DanB

DanB Crabber

If you have the Super Sailfish MkII (fiberglass) the plaque was probably aluminum. It would be serialized to the original boat if you do find one.

BTW, photo credit for this and the previous image goes to the Sunfish Sailors group at Yahoo.com and their members who posted these pictures

Attached Files:

5. windydaze89

windydaze89 New Member

Alright, thank you guys. It actually is the one from the wooden era that I'm looking for, but if it's as rare as you say, this might just be an impossible quest. But thank you for the info!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.