Advertising Policy @ TLF

Discussion in 'The Dockhouse' started by Merrily, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Merrily

Merrily Administrator Staff Member

No free ads! People are paying to promote stuff here. The guy's post seems to be appropriate in the thread, though.

2. Ross B

Ross B Guest

Re: Best instructional book for laser?

yes of course, but just saying he could also put one there, if he likes

3. Merrily

But he can't. Bradley will delete it if he is not paying.

4. Ross B

Ross B Guest

ooo I did not know that all ads had to be paid for

well he could always pay for an ad

5. Cindy Taylor

Cindy Taylor Member

There are paid ads for this site such as the one on top of this page but I believe that the "For Sale Ads" at http://www.laserforum.org/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=-1&f=5 is a free service for us laser sailors. I don't think you have to pay to create a post to try to sell your boat.

6. Ross B

Ross B Guest

yea, thats what I was talking about

7. Merrily

You don't have to pay to sell your boat or a few bits and pieces, but if you have a product line such as a book or covers or sails, etc., you have to pay for the ad.

8. Ross B

Ross B Guest

Yes of course, he could always ask Bradley and see what happens

9. Bradley

Bradley Administrator Staff Member

Ross, et al.,
    Commercial advertising is NOT ALLOWED in any part of this site for free. Tom's post is only being allowed because it is within the context of a thread which he didn't start. Tom has never asked to post his message here, he simply has, and it has simply been deleted from the For Sale section several times. Advertisers pay their hard earned money to help support this site and in return I protect their investment by removing any commercial advertising not posted/purchased through the official policies of TLF. Free for sale and wanted ads are a service supported by the advertisers of this site strictly for noncommercial laser sailors. There is a charge per post for commercial advertisements in the For Sale Section as outlined in the For Sale FAQ:
    Thanks for understanding this policy.
    Best Regards,

10. Ross B

Ross B Guest

nicely done

11. Tom Martin

Tom Martin New Member

I have responsed directly to Bradley - his information is indeed helpful.

My purpose in posting the information on my book is simply to let folks know that the book exists. Of course I'm biased, but I believe it is the best book on the market for learning to sail a Laser. There are many Laser sailing books, however, the major focus of these books is on racing.

I am not personally selling the book (though I do get a small % when a book sells).

So, how do you share information on a resource that would help those learning to sail a Laser? Can (should) the Laser Forum do that?

Tom