A rip-roaring good sea tale, and its all true

H/V Vega

Well Maties, it's here at last. The Vega Adventures. A true sea tale of storms and adventures at sea on a 122 year old sailing boat, Vega of course, and how a dedicated band of volunteers have changed thousands of lives on some of the worlds most isolated islands. Give us a hand by sharing this link with all your nautically inclined friends. All proceeds go to support our humanitarian work. http://www.amazon.com/Vega-Adventures-Shane-Granger/dp/6028397466
Here is what one reviewer had to say about the story:

The Vega Adventures is a rousing rascallian recount of the incredible journeys of Captain Shane Granger and Meggi on board their fine conveyance, a 120+ year old sailing vessel. In 2004, Captain Shane and Meggi delivered disaster relief supplies in the wake of the Great Tsunami. They stayed, continuing their humanitarian mission that donates education and health care supplies to the region's remotest islands. Between fund-raising, packing and delivering life-giving supplies. Captain Shane has an awesome talent for turning a phrase as smartly as he can rig a sail. What makes The Vega Adventures are so darn irresistible thanks to its never-a-dull-moment pace and intriguing diversity of content. Whether it's an intimate look at Norway's storied history in sailboat building or a heart pounding encounter with a cyclone, The Vega Adventures is a gourmet feast. Captain Shane liberally seasons his tale with insider information about the spice trade and spice islands he and Meggi have navigated to, around and near for many years. At 300 pages, the Vega Adventure never gets tired. I loved this book and I can't wait to read it (especially the really salty dog parts) to my Uncle. Now of an age for armchair sailing only, he'll love every moment, including realism rich enough to put the tangy taste of salt on his lips!

You can learn more about the historic vessel Vega at www.sailvega.com or our facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Historic-Vessel-Vega/125068434229063

Attachments

• Cover.jpg
    Cover.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 48

Back