A couple of photos of my new Sunfish

wbrown62

Here a few photos of my new Sunfish. I found it locally on eBay. It only set me back 275 bucks. Not too bad. It did have a small crack in the hull on the keel, but I have almost completed the repair on that. Otherwise, I am buffing it out with some cleaner wax and polish. Still have a good ways to go on that part of it. The sail is a little tired, but for recreational sailing, no biggie.

Attachments

• Sunfish04.JPG
    Sunfish04.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 72
  • Sunfish05a.jpg
    Sunfish05a.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 69
$275?!! During the season?! Nice. Nice looking boat, plus the sail is faded, but that's one of the best "Sunrise" versions and they don't make them anymore. (I don't know why they stopped making them. :()

Thanks, It was originally listed at 390, but the guy realized the hull was cracked after the listing so he knocked 100 bucks and I haggled for another 15 off. It is also a dry boat. It weighed in at 130. No trailer, but I have devised a system of getting it on top of the truck. We wanted a fun little boat to take along when we drag our RV off for the weekend to a park so a trailer was really out of the question anyway. One would still be nice for when we take only the boat and head to the lake. I have a plan to make some forms for the bottom that will fit in the bed of truck so I can slide it in for the short trips to local lakes. Still have a few little needs but nothing major, just minor upgrades and such.

Back