2017 Class Rule changes:

Discussion in 'Laser Class Politics' started by torrid, Apr 17, 2017.

1. LaLi

LaLi Active Member

The Shift comes with a sticker with which you can cover the "illegal" information, but I guess the "must not be capable" phrase overrides that. Thanks for pointing out.

2. torrid

torrid Just sailing

I didn't see that. It says it is static-cling, which I means it can be applied and removed at will. I'd like to get AlanD's opinion, though I think he already stated it:

3. AlanD

AlanD Former ISAF Laser Measurer

Pretty simple, just because you can't see it does not mean it is not capable. It is therefore illegal in my opinion. I'm not in any rush to change from my Silva compass and I dread the day when it dies and I need to switch to the newer dual numbered card.

4. LaLi

LaLi Active Member

5. 67713

67713 New Member

TackTick Micro Compass - Compass Unit Only

In competitive sailing, being able to react quickly to a change in wind conditions can mean the difference between finding yourself in the front of the pack or being the last ones back to the dock. The wireless Micro Compass by Raymarine can help you achieve that competitive advantage.

This waterproof, self-contained compass fits the bill for dinghies and sport boats. Large twin display with battery level indicator. A lithium battery works in conjunction with a small fixed solar panel, providing you with of 200 hours of autonomous use. Three choices of data display - compass heading, tactical compass scale and race countdown timer. Because headers and lifts are not displayed, most one design classes will allow this compass.

Key Features:

• No wires or connections to make
    • Can show compass heading, tactical compass scale and a race countdown timer
    • Simple to set-up and use
    • Waterproof (submersible to 10m)
    • Shock Resistant
    • Lightweight only 153g (0.34lbs)
    • Ultra wide viewing angles
    • Battery level indicator
    • Precise to 1 degree
    • Easy to read large digits

6. 67713

67713 New Member