2009 Worlds?

Krycek

Does anyone know if the 2009 worlds have been announced yet? If so, where is the event being held?

Just curious.....

Wow I am pumped to watch it. This is the Full rig worlds right? Anyone know what is the qualifier for Canada? For Radial too? If its around here I might as well try Maybe all the other boats will sink...

I would be surprised if Halifax were not the hosts of the Laser Senior and Master Worlds in August of 2009 and I would expect an official announcement of this by the World Council meeting in Terrigal next month. Still, I'd wait for the official announcement before making plans.

The ILCA-NA qualification system for the 2009 worlds will be on the website very soon (pending approval of the final draft). I'm guessing it will follow the same general format as the past few years as that system in case you want to start guessing now.

The Radial Worlds will be held in Japan in 2009.

2010 is slated to go back to the UK for Standard and Radial and Masters. Locations are still being worked on though I've heard mentioned Largs for the Masters.

Hi Tracy.
Largs, Scotland in 2010 you say? I coached the Canadian Women's Worlds team there back in the '80s. It blew the poodle off the chain. Local pubs were great, too. So with Australia, Canada, Scotland (and then Fremantle in 2011 following ISAF Worlds?), the next 4 Open and Masters Worlds should see some decent hiking breezes.

Back