2006 North Americans

oniondip

How many of you are going to the 2006 North Americans at St.Margarets Bay Yacht Club? I know if I get my laser in time and have enough practice you'll see me there, I will post my sail number to you all when i buy a boat so you'll kno where to find me, lol. And there is regatta as stated at the smsc website one week before the North Americans to practice or get in shape for the race. www.smsc.ca is link to st.margarets bay yacht club website, it has all the details.

To steal a sales pitch from the 2006 J-22 North American Hosts in Minnesota...It's really Not That far.

Starting from:
mp16_a.gif
Checotah Dr At Beacon Dr, Austin, TX 78734 Arriving at:
mp16_b.gif
Halifax, NS Distance:2702.9 milesApproximate Travel Time:41 hours 35 mins

We just found an Austin resident transplanted from Halifax and forced him to purchase Charlie Smythe's old Laser. Forced could be strong terms as there were no death threats but we did show him a big fat rope!!

Anyway, John Adair is now beginning his Laser racing career and if everything goes perfectly, some members of the Austin Fleet and my 5 boat trailer just might show up in Canada.

Yes, just as we have done at CORK, we will bring a boom box and play cowboy music.

Merrily said:
Do you play both kinds of music, country and western?

Merrily

Last time it was Riders in The Sky...

until the guy came out from the bed a breakfast and chewed us out. It was 8:30 in the morning. For crap sakes...Get out of bed already!!!

Trips to Canada in the late summer are great!! It is like sailing in Late February in Texas!!

gouvernail said:
Yes, just as we have done at CORK, we will bring a boom box and play cowboy music.
Now that makes me really want to go so I could blare Iggy Pop and the Pistols back atcha. Morning maniac music indeed.:D

Where is Nova Scotia?

It's snowing out on the east coast again!

JRF
who are you calling old?

jrf said:
Where is Nova Scotia? It's snowing out on the east coast again!
JRFwho are you calling old?

Drive to Maine and then keep going northeast for another day and you'll be there....Also for all you New Englanders a "fast cat" ferry will be running to Nova Scotia from Portland this summer...........

Back