1988 Capri 14.2 Sailboat - $1850 (Ashburn, VA)

Discussion in 'Capri/Catalina 14 Classified Ads' started by dehlert, Mar 21, 2012.

1. dehlert

dehlert New Member

For Sale is my 1988 Mod I Capri 14.2 Sailboat. I purchased this boat last year in Virginia Beach and had a blast taking it out on the Potomac River near DC with the family. There are no issues and sails great! The trailer is a Performance trailer and is in great shape too. All rigging is included and is also in great shape. Ready to Sail!

I have the registration for the trailer. The ball size is 1 7/8". The trailer is extremely road worthy with brand new tires and new buddy bearings. Tows great at highway speed.

There is no title or registration for the boat. Virginia does not require it and it did not come with one when I purchased it last year.

I added a Hobie Baby Bob float to the top of the mast. The Potomac River is shallow and I didn't want to mess with the boat turtling and getting stuck in the mud. The boat is pretty stable so I really never got to test it out. I also added a couple of water bottle holders to the hatch cover.

I was extremely happy with my purchase and know you will be too. I was hoping to use this boat on the reservoir next to my house but there is no boat ramp. The boat is a little too big and heavy to throw on a dolly and wheel it across the dirt. We have decided to opt for the Hobie Tandem Island so that we can still sail and take advantage of the body of water right next to our house.

I wish I could keep it but the garage is not big enough for two boats! I can email you pictures if you are interested.

You can see my ad on craigslist at http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/boa/2912752480.html

Good luck!

2. dehlert

dehlert New Member

Sold

The boat has been sold. It was enjoyable being a Capri 14.2 owner and sharing ideas and stories with you all.