For Sale: 1987 C14 w/trailer $1100 OBO

Discussion in 'Capri/Catalina 14 Classified Ads' started by c14_Dan, Sep 20, 2013.

1. c14_Dan

c14_Dan New Member

1987 C14, excellent condition, ready to sail. Just had the main sail recondition this spring, jib is in good shape, installed a Hobie baby bob to prevent turtling, boarding ladder, motor mount, and trailer. The boat is ready to go enjoy the fall sailing season.
    540-537-6930
    Smith Mountain Lake VA south of Roanoke CL3.JPG

Attached Files:

2. JohnB207

JohnB207 New Member

Is this still for sale?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2014
  3. c14_Dan

c14_Dan New Member

Yes, it is still for sale.
    540-537-6930 is my cell

4. AndyB

AndyB New Member

This looks like it was a heck of a deal for a good looking Capri. Were you able to sell it? I'm curious why it still appears so far up the classifieds list.

5. DaBoat

DaBoat New Member

How did you install the baby bob. I have one to install, looking for the bet method. Any pictures if your install?

6. c14_Dan

c14_Dan New Member

No pictures, what I did was trim away the back of the bracket that comes on the bob until it slide down into the mast. Once I had a nice fit I drilled two holes thru the mast and the bob brackets, making sure to leave enough space for the main halyard to run freely over the pulley, and inserted two smooth shank 1/4" stainless bolts with aircraft nuts. It was the simplest solution I could come up with and it worked very well.
    Hope this helps.
    DTM