1984 J24, USA 3890, "The Mystery Machine"

Discussion in 'J/24's For Sale' started by cglynn, Sep 17, 2017.

1. cglynn

cglynn New Member

City:
    Cleveland
    State:
    Ohio
    Cost:
    $8000
    I am selling my 1984 J24 racing boat, USA 3890, "The Mystery Machine". 3890 is a fast J24. She has sailed very competitively locally, finishing on the podium for the past 4 seasons, and keeps up with the fleet at regional events. She is race ready, sporting a good set of race sails, as well as a practice/cruising inventory that is also in great shape. Keel is max forward and max thin and the rudder has been faired to max thin as well. The tiller is in great shape and has a Harken tiller extension. All of the deck hardware is Harken and Ronstan, and is setup to the modern J24 deck layout. Her deck is dry, and was repainted with Kiwi Grip non-skid in the spring of 2013. At that time all of the deck hardware was stripped from the boat, the deck layout modernized, all through decks properly sealed, including the surrounding core, and all hardware properly re-bedded. The shrouds are Dyform and have the Ronstan racing turnbuckles with built in adjustment wrench, which is really nice for adjusting the rig between races. She has a VC 17 bottom, though she has been dry sailed since 2013. Also included with the boat is 4hp mercury outboard, pivoting outboard bracket, every sail I have for her, a full set of cushions, port a potty, dock lines, and a single axle trailer with attached tool/storage box.

This boat has been a great boat for us, and is ready to race at any level. It would be great for someone wanting to get into the class, as its ready to go--literally, put it in the water and go racing. It would also be great for someone looking for a fun and exciting day sailor that could also be used for the occasional overnight trip.

She is currently located at Edgewater Yacht Club, rigged, and ready to sail.

As I am not on the forums very often, please email all inquiries to pseshooter3d at yahoo dot com IMG_1695.JPG IMG_1694.JPG IMG_1691.JPG