1983 Laser Starter Boat with MANY EXTRAS

Discussion in 'Laser For Sale Ads' started by monkey_feet, May 1, 2017.

1. monkey_feet

monkey_feet Arlington, TX

City:
    Arlington
    State:
    TX
    Cost:
    Price:
    Hello, I'm selling my kids early 80's Laser. It's a good boat in good shape. It was a barn find about three years ago, and has not been sailed that hard since we purchased it. It literally sat in a warehouse from 1983 until I purchased it a couple of years ago! You don't find boats like this much anymore. It has a bit of hail damage, but is just cosmetic. I lowered my price as a result.]

I will provide pictures upon request.

Here is what you get with the boat...

The boat with either a 4.7 rig or Radial (mast and sail)
    Blade bag
    Carbon fiber tiller extension upgrade
    Virtually BRAND NEW upgraded daggerboard ($485 new - this has literally been used less than 6 times)
    upgraded hiking strap
    1 year old dolly (I paid $405 - search for Tech4Designs Laser Dolly - For Laser Sailboat on eBay for a pic and description)
    New lines (main sheet is not new, but only a couple of years old)
    Has the upgraded pullies at the base of the mast and cleats on the deck
    New deck cleats for the main sheet
    Cover - a bit old, but has a lot of life left in it
    New traveler bridle
    New double block in the back

Overall, for an older boat, it's in good shape. Will you win the Worlds with it, no, but it's a great starter boat with a LOT of new extras. It has normal wear and tear for a 30+ year old boat. However, if you can fix it or upgrade it, I did.

You are basically getting around $1000 of extra stuff for NOT that price! This boat is a very good deal. If you want to get into Lasers, this is a great way to start.

If you are new to sailing, I'll throw in a rigging lesson. I also have a junior life jacket I'll include for $10.

IF you want a full rig, please add $500 to the cost. I will give you mine with a less than year old practice sail and less than year old lower section.

Here is a you tube of the boat in action

Please feel free to e-mail or text with questions.