1972 Complete Sunfish

Discussion in 'Sunfish For Sale' started by sailorkas, Sep 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sailorkas

sailorkas New Member

City:
    Quantico
    State:
    VA
    Cost:
    $550 OBO
    I have a 1972(ish) Sunfish, along with mast/spars/sail/rudder/daggerboard for sale. The sail is pretty old and faded, but everything else is in good condition. The splashguard is not currently attached to the hull, but I have it and it should be an easy re-attachment. The boat has been mostly indoors the last thirty years (other than the last 3 or 4 years), and the hull is in good condition. The daggerboard and rudder have been stored indoors and are also in good condition, although the rudder system is the old kind without the spring.

The boat is currently in Quantico, VA. I do not have a trailer, and the buyer will need to pick the boat up (a small U-Haul or a large pickup truck will also work to transport it if you don't have a trailer). I'm asking $550 but am open to other offers. My family has owned it for the last 40-some years, but I'm in the military and shipping it cross-country and then finding a harbor every time I move is becoming rather burdensome, plus I never have a chance to use it. Please respond if you're interested and we can work something out via email.
    photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG
    Note the brown spots are rust on the rack holding the boat, not something on the boat itself.
    photo copy.JPG photo.JPG

2. beldar boathead

beldar boathead Well-Known Member

Fyi that is a 1969 or 1970, so your guess was pretty close .

3. cwedan

cwedan New Member

Is you boat still available? I'm interested in your offer. Could I see it this Saturday.

Chip Wedan

4. cwedan

cwedan New Member

I posted a reply about 30 minutes ago. But, since I've never used this forum before, I'm not sure whether I'm doing this correctly. Therefore, if this boat is still available, I'd like to come by and check it out (I live about 20 miles north of you in Lorton). Is it possible to respond via email? My email address is cwedan@gmail.com. Thanks, Chip

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2015
  5. sailorkas

sailorkas New Member

Chip-

I just replied via email. I figured I'd give you a heads-up here in case my reply went to your junk mail.

-Kristen

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2015
  6. mggarz

mggarz New Member

Hi,

I would like to come and see it at your convenience.

Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.