1971 Sunfish, Complete, Original Sail, Bronze Rudder Parts, Red deck.

Discussion in 'Sunfish For Sale' started by Light and Variable Winds, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Light and Variable Winds

Light and Variable Winds Well-Known Member

City:
    Sebring
    State:
    Florida
    Cost:
    $ 995
    Just brought down from New Hampshire, this Sunfish has a faint oval ring on the bottom that indicates it was moored for much of its life—and it shows! Stored under a house, the registration sticker shows 1999. :eek: While the deck needs polishing to bring back the shine, the underside retains its original gloss and is factory-straight! One chine shows light wear, perhaps from rubbing against a graveled shoreline?

The wood rudder retains its original opalescent grain, and is undamaged in any way. Full bronze rudder head. The daggerboard is a fiberglassed (but rough) spare, and should be replaced by a newer plastic blade for maximum performance.

For a little extra, mix-and-match parts with my other Sunfish. Choice of four masts—$45 (repaired) $80, $90 to $125 new/unused.

Still car-topped, more pictures will follow when I get some help. Rain has washed the bugs off. :)

Fullscreen capture 1062017 65404 AM.bmp.jpg

Fullscreen capture 1082017 91617 AM.bmp.jpg

A little elbow-grease would bring this Sunfish back to 1971, but Hurricane Irma will have me tied up for months. Your gain. ;)

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
  2. beldar boathead

beldar boathead Well-Known Member

FWIW that is a 1971.

3. Light and Variable Winds

Light and Variable Winds Well-Known Member

Thank you—corrections made.

This Sunfish also has a perfect cockpit floor!
    Fullscreen capture 10122017 80810 AM.bmp.jpg