1969 Sailfish/Sunfish Brochure

Discussion in 'Sunfish Talk' started by Stache, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Stache

Stache Member

[​IMG] Just received this in the mail today.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Stache

Stache Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Stache

Stache Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. Stache

Stache Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. Stache

Stache Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. Stache

Stache Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. JohnCT

JohnCT Active Member

Cool find

8. Light and Variable Winds

Light and Variable Winds Well-Known Member

Very nice.

I've collected old automobile factory brochures, including one for the NSU Ro80 sedan, the Ruger roadster, and the Porsche 901. The 901 never made it into production, as they changed the model designation to 911. :eek: The sleek NSU Ro80 sedan was powered by the new Wankel engine. I don't think Bill Ruger sold the one roadster he designed, souped-up, and built by hand. Similar to this design:[​IMG]
    Your brochure needs framing and hanging.

And see? Sunfish are lightweight and easily lifted to a car's top. :rolleyes:

The brochure does say "1969 AMF Alcort", but why use cars from 1962-63? :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  9. signal charlie

signal charlie Well-Known Member Staff Member

Cool. I have one of those and wonder if AMF was just recycling old brochures, I didn't think they still offered kits at that point, esp of the Standard Sailfish. There is some great info there, esp about the hull colors and sails. I still want the straw hat. And for years I didn't realize that the metal tag had a Sailfish as well as the Sunfish profile on it.

The Super Sailfish MKII is very versatile, it also makes a great, stable SUP. The Standard Sailfish is good for a core workout.

Kent IMG_2837.JPG IMG_1853.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  10. mixmkr

mixmkr Active Member

Do I dare put some handrails on my Sunfish, like the Sailfish? I've got a bunch laying around. I like teak, but wonder if they're just in the way.... probably. Should just make a teak splash rail. :)

11. beldar boathead

beldar boathead Well-Known Member

Weren't you the one that didn't like the itty bitty raised edge around the cockpit? If so you really won't like sitting on wood rails! If that wasn't you, then consider how much you like pain before you install them!

12. Webfoot1

Webfoot1 Active Member

Ha! They strapped one upside down to the top of a Corvair, so when the Corvair
    spins around and around like and tea-cup and flips over the boat will be right-side-up!
    Go GM!

13. mixmkr

mixmkr Active Member

knucklehead...no...I wasn't concerned about itty bitty raised edges!! Look in the Sailfish pic too... people aren't sitting on them...they're too far forward. Not sure of their usefulness, but they look OK. Probably be in the way of the water cannon anywazzz...

14. beldar boathead

15. Sylvan Sunfish

Sylvan Sunfish New Member

Funny how times have changed. I don't see one life jacket in any of those boats. Lol

16. Light and Variable Winds

Certainly not "PC", as the ad would appear today :oops:. No life jackets, so nobody's pictured as "illegal" in 1969. :cool:

I didn't realize that Alcort sold trailers (ALC-12). Was there an ALC-11?

Has anyone seen or (even) kept one?

[​IMG]

I'd be curious as to the number of spring leaves on their trailer, or their official listing of capacity. Alcort would be the ones to know, especially as Jet-Skis [and their trailers] weren't around back then—at least, as we know them today. There was the "Mosquito", an early, outboard-powered, 10-footer.

17. Light and Variable Winds

Couldn't find any Sunfish sail stickers, but there's Sunfish brochures aplenty at this eBay link:
    amf sailboat | eBay

18. beldar boathead

19. danpal

danpal Active Member

Found this ad from 1962...

upload_2016-12-11_9-34-24.png

20. Light and Variable Winds

Thanks for finding that. :)

Four-hundred pounds capacity for two Sunfish, while one Jet-Ski weighs 1000 pounds! Jet-Ski trailers are definitely "overspring" for Sunfish! (Unless you're transporting five Sunfish). :eek:

That link takes me to eBay's "home page"; however, what appears at the bottom of my screen gets me to the Sunfish replacement emblem. (Eventually). :(

Put what's underscored in red below into Google, click on "Images", then click on the blue Sunfish replacement coaming picture, and you'll come to a poor, warped, imitation of what's on genuine Sunfish sails—pay $15.95 for the emblem, and then $13.45 in shipping. (!) :confused:

Picture below:

Fullscreen capture 12122016 62840 AM.bmp.jpg