1966 Alcort Sunfish Original Wood Sailboat w/Moody Trailer

Discussion in 'Sunfish For Sale' started by atwood74, Feb 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. atwood74

atwood74 New Member

Manufacturer: Alcort

1966 Original wood Sunfish Sailboat (unlike newer fiberglass models, this boat is very fast!)

Length: 13'-9"

Beam: 4'

Sail area: 75 Sq .Ft.

Trailer: Original Moody

Built by owner in 1966, and he has been the only owner since! Boat and trailer have been completely restored; has not been in the water in over 30 years. New all white haul finish with varnished solid mahogany centerboard, rudder/tiller, coaming, mast block and cockpit with original bronze and brass hardware. Sail is Blue & White stripe with original Sunfish mast and sail bag. Includes original brochures and sailing manual. Beautiful condition!

Moody trailer was custom manufactured for the Sunfish and designed to carry up to two Sunfish/Sailfish boats combination. Completely restored and refinished in white with red axle/springs and hubs, with new tail/running light package; new wheels and tires; original winch; new varnished wood carpeted cradle and tie down strap. Note; light surface rust during covered storage.

Asking $1,195. Call or text Jeff at 941-539-9442.

Attached Files:

2. Bigeasy

Bigeasy New Member

still for sale? Do you know how much it weighs?

3. matias

matias Member

are you claiming that this boat is faster than a brand new sunfish?

4. nikki c

nikki c New Member

is your boat still for sale? where is it located? thank you for your time.

5. The Unknown Master

The Unknown Master Member

(unlike newer fiberglass models, this boat is very fast!) I knew it! I knew it! No one every believes me when I tell them an old wood boat can blow the doors off a fancy new lightweight fiberglass boat.

To the seller - do you know if a new plastic daggerboard will fit in the slot?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.