1964 sunfish all original parts and sail great condition

Discussion in 'Sunfish For Sale' started by Suds, Nov 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Suds

Suds New Member

City:
    Ocean City
    State:
    Maryland
    Cost:
    ???
    I need help I thought my sunfish was from the 1970s but I found picture of myself when I was 7 with" our new sunfish"taken in 1964 . I wondered why none of the other Older sunfish looked as awsome as mine(. Ha) how do I find out what it's worth? I'm new to this site and can't figure out how to post pictures

2. gb1

gb1 New Member

How much? I am on Eastern Shore

3. South Tower Demon

South Tower Demon Member

You need to post the images on the internet, and then use the URL (image address) to post them here. You copy the address from the hosting site and then when editing your posting click on the little icon of a picture, (mountains and sun in a box) , and enter the image address in the requestor box.

A good free place to host images is Imgur.com

(To get the URL you can right click or on a Mac control-click on the image and select copy link.)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
  4. Lafayette Mike

Lafayette Mike Member

The best way to determine it's worth is to look at Craigslist ads up and down the East Coast and compare them to your boat. Keeping in mind that on Craigslist, people list what they WANT for their boat, not what they end up getting. They usually get a lower price, sometimes much lower! You are probably going to see them listed from $500-$2000!

It also depends on the condition of the boat, but more importantly the hardware (mast, rudder, etc..) and the sails. Without good hardware/sails all you have is a hull which is not worth much at all. Are the parts original Sunfish parts, or have "non-standard" parts been added over the years. Another consideration is a trailer....does this come with one?

On the other hand, a 1964 is one of the earlier fiberglass boats.....and if you could find someone who really wants one that old (like a grownup who was about 7 when he/she got their first sunfish) you never know what they will pay! :)

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.