1960s Fiberglass Super Sailfish

Discussion in 'Sold Items' started by fireinhole, Dec 6, 2016.

1. fireinhole

fireinhole New Member

I have great memories of sailing a wooden Sailfish in Maine as a boy. After being out for few hours it would get waterlogged and I'd be sailing it back an inch or two under water. Maybe that is why LIFE Magazine referred to it as the "World's Wettest, Sportiest Boat". ;-)

I purchased a 1960s era fiberglass Super Sailfish sailboat by Alcort summer of 2015. Complete with sail, rigging, centerboard and rudder. Some parts newer, some parts original. Boat has flat deck with no cockpit (like a paddle/surf board). I didn't use it once this past summer so thought it might be better in the hands of someone else who will get more use of it. The rudder mount needs to be reattached.

Would someone in this group be interested in acquiring this sailboat or could point me to someone who is? I'm in Southborough, MA (next to Framingham - where the Mass Pike and 495 come together).

I've got it posted on Craigslist and have had a number of inquiries from people who want it for parts. It is in good condition and I would prefer to sell it to someone who is looking for a complete sailboat.

I can provide pictures.

2. DavidR

DavidR New Member

I'd be interested in sailing not using for parts. It would get use this summer on Perkins Pond in NH as long as it can be car topped on a Dodge Caravan. Could you send pics to this email david.wading@gmail.com? Thanks

3. fireinhole

fireinhole New Member

Thanks David for your inquiry. I recently sold the Sailfish.