14.2 Wanted - Dallas

Discussion in 'Capri/Catalina 14 Classified Ads' started by BobA, Jul 1, 2009.

1. BobA

BobA New Member

Hi...
    Looking for 14.2 in good shape with trailer.....
    -Bob

2. pnapplsage

pnapplsage New Member

Capri for sale

Hey,
    My wife and I have a Capri 14.2 with trailer that we need to sell. Year is 1984 with hull number 365. It has a new mast (2 years old) and standing rigging. Some new lines. Custom boat cover. Trailer wheel bearings recently repacked There was some blistering on the hull so we sanded the gelcoat, primed and painted. Painted the inside of the cubby to make clean and bright. Only sailed twice in the past two years. Asking $2300 OBO.
    We are in Northwest Arkansas so somewhat of a drive for delivery.
    Email at jshadwi@uark.edu for pictures and more info if interested.
    Cheers,
    John

3. jmare

jmare New Member

capri in tulsa

Hi Bob,

I've a got a '86 capri 14.2. It is an associate's boat that he asked to me to try and sell for him. He is asking $1400. It's got a clear title and on a highlander tilt trailer. He had it stored with a cover in his shop for the last nine years with the sails stored in the house. As such the gelcoat is in great condition with the exception a few, really just a few areas of crazing. The sails are also in great condition. I've gone through it and replaced a few things here and there but otherwise it is great condition.

new/upgraded items:
    new 3/16" main halyard
    replaced jib halyard (5/16")
    new jib sheet
    new centerboard hold-down shock cord

standing rigging in good condition
    hull in good to excellent condition (some beaching marks at bow)
    all cleats are harken
    the teak needs oiling

i put two new 8" tires on the trailer. The bearings could stand to be re-packed.

this is getting long. so give me a call if you'd like some pics or more details

Cheers
    Jesse Mares
    918-814-4066

4. bigjake208

bigjake208 New Member

tiller and rudder for capri

I am also looking for a tiller and rudder for a capri. Someone stole it right off of my boat! If anyone has one I can buy off of them or any ideas on acquiring one as easily and cheaply as possible that would be great! Thanks.