14.2 for sale in OK

Discussion in 'Capri/Catalina 14 Classified Ads' started by sgilder, Sep 9, 2009.

1. sgilder

sgilder New Member

Selling my 1984 capri 14.2. Just got it a couple months ago, haven't even had the chance to get it in the water. Its in really good shape. It's got some scuffs and very small dings (like any 25 year old boat) but no major issues. The biggest cosmetic thing is a spot where the rub rail is missing. Also, there is some loose foam inside the hull. I'm pretyy sure a previous owner stuffed some block styrofoam in there and now its starting to break up. Catalina puts air bag flotation in these, so the foam is kind of redundant. I was gonna take a shopvac to it, but never got around to it. Pretty much the reason I'm selling the boat. Not enough time.

The good: the jib is brand new in the bag from catalina, never sailed. I also bought a trolling motor but haven't had a chance to hook it up. It's a 40 ft lb minn-kota 5 speed. (catalina direct has a motormount for this boat, and they should have one in stock pretty soon.) The trailer was reworked right before I got it. The wheels are new, and I have 2 spares that need new tires.The lights don't work, but I have a light kit I haven't installed yet.)
    I've also bought a bunch of misc stuff that I'll throw in (anchor, rope, air horn, paddle, gel coat repair kit, etc.).

I paid $800 for the boat, and then another $200+ on stuff to improve it, getting it titled, registered, etc. I'll eat my extra cost and take $800 and throw in the trolling motor, light kit, etc. The boat will have an Oklahoma title. I'm located in Oklahoma city, but would be willing to drive a few hours to meet any potential buyers. I'll post some pictures later tonight.
    Thanks,
    Sean

2. sgilder

sgilder New Member

Waiting for the weather to cooperate for pics. Till then, you can reach me at (405) 618-8332 with any questions.
    Thanks,
    Sean

3. sgilder

sgilder New Member

Pics

Here are a couple pics. email or call with any questions.
    Thanks,
    Sean

Attached Files: